The Clinic has had an interest in student health arising initially from the large numbers of students residing in rented accommodation locally and from its current involvement in the provision of a comprehensive medical service for the students of The Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT).
- Free registration service – giving students access to information, regular appointments and out of hours services. Ring the surgery and request “student registration appointment”.
- Patients with medical cards, who are registered with doctors outside Dublin, will be seen under the terms of the GMS (medical card) Scheme. i.e. free to the patient.
- Students hoping to apply for medical cards will be signed on.
- Offer to work and liase with students’ other doctors or health care providers around the country in cases of chronic medical problems, should the student so direct us.
- Information and access to the wide range of community, psychological and medical facilities available to us in Dublin.
- Minor Illness
- Psychological – including anxiety, depression, study/course problems, family problems, eating disorders
- Sexual health
- Sports injuries
- Chronic Illness like asthma, epilepsy etc
- Alcohol related issues including assault, risk from uncertain sexual contact
- Crisis pregnancy