Belgrave Clinic Travel Service
The Clinic offers a travel health service to patients and potential travellers
- Review of travel plans and assessment of needs
- Advice and plan on maintaining general health
- Advice and prescription on malaria prevention
- Appropriate immunisations
- Travel vaccination Card provided
- Appointment will be given for practice nurse who will take history
- Patient will have consultation with doctor to finalise plan and needs
- Required immunisations will be given
- Follow up plan will be organised
The following immunisations are available from the Belgrave Clinic
- Yellow Fever – Clinic licensed to offer this.
- Tetanus and Diphtheria
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningitis Type A
- Hepatitis A + Typhoid can be given as one injection Hepatitis A + Hepatitis B can be given as one injection
For detailed information on these diseases and vaccinations, please consult : http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
Ideally, it is best to present for your vaccinations and advice some 6 weeks before departure date to ensure that all vaccination courses can be completed before travel.
www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk is an excellent Scottish NHS site. Find your destination on an a-z list of countries.Good general information.
www.malariahotspots.co.uk is an excellent site on all aspects of malaria. Easy to access and understand information.
www.lonelyplanet.com has good general health advice when considering a long trip.
www.dfa.ie Department of Foreign Affairs
www.tmb.ie is Ireland’s best known travel health clinic site. Useful articles and travel advice.
www.cdc.gov/travel/ is has detailed information form the American Government on travel health issues.